Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rage thread
This will be a thread just to write about stuff that you need to get off your chest. Best not to name gaming group culprits though.

Okay, I need to get this off my chest before I take my rage out on anyone else...(though Ampz was asking for it)

So, Carx and I were playing Zombie Panic Source today, just playing on one server for a few hours. We had to use Skype because for some reason our mics weren't working in-game. So, we thought the problem was on our end, and tried to fix it in-game with the audio settings like you do. We didn't manage to work out what was wrong.

So, we eventually left and that was that. But, I wanted to play again a bit later, so I verified my game cache to see if that would fix it...it did not...so I started to look on the ZPS steam forums and found a post relating to the server we played on and certain mic rules...yes, you read that right MIC RULES. Now in these rules for this community...and I use that word loosely, said that there were restrictions based on region. You see these servers are strictly English Speaking only, so if you did not reside in a list of countries, you could not use your mic...at all. 

Oh, but there's more, you have to be a regular member of this community, have a unspecified amount of hours and so on.
Btw, no Germany or France on that list of allowed countries by the way...So, yeah....

FUCK THAT
[Image: is%2Bthe%2Border%2Ba%2Brabbit%2B2%2Bdancing%2Bloli.gif]
(05-28-2016, 09:25 PM)Dinomoto Mennovi Wrote: This will be a thread just to write about stuff that you need to get off your chest. Best not to name gaming group culprits though.

Okay, I need to get this off my chest before I take my rage out on anyone else...(though Ampz was asking for it)

So, Carx and I were playing Zombie Panic Source today, just playing on one server for a few hours. We had to use Skype because for some reason our mics weren't working in-game. So, we thought the problem was on our end, and tried to fix it in-game with the audio settings like you do. We didn't manage to work out what was wrong.

So, we eventually left and that was that. But, I wanted to play again a bit later, so I verified my game cache to see if that would fix it...it did not...so I started to look on the ZPS steam forums and found a post relating to the server we played on and certain mic rules...yes, you read that right MIC RULES. Now in these rules for this community...and I use that word loosely, said that there were restrictions based on region. You see these servers are strictly English Speaking only, so if you did not reside in a list of countries, you could not use your mic...at all. 

Oh, but there's more, you have to be a regular member of this community, have a unspecified amount of hours and so on.
Btw, no Germany or France on that list of allowed countries by the way...So, yeah....

FUCK THAT

Can confirm, very sadface  Sad
Probably what's an added kick in the teeth is that it's the most populated servers. :/
Well now... I totally disagree with region locking based on language, however having helped with the region locking of another game's servers eons ago, I can offer a little insight for why some people decide to do it. The biggest motivation for region locking is player experience. If players from let's say - China - deicide to play on the NA server for a game, they would lag creating a negative experience for themselves and the people they are playing with/against. You find this more common in games where you have to pay to play as nobody wants to pay to play a game against somebody who is lagging.
[Image: XmM2GJ6.png]
(06-02-2016, 06:47 PM)☭ Prince Taurvi Wrote: Well now... I totally disagree with region locking based on language, however having helped with the region locking of another game's servers eons ago, I can offer a little insight for why some people decide to do it. The biggest motivation for region locking is player experience. If players from let's say - China - deicide to play on the NA server for a game, they would lag creating a negative experience for themselves and the people they are playing with/against. You find this more common in games where you have to pay to play as nobody wants to pay to play a game against somebody who is lagging.

It's a free mod.
[Image: is%2Bthe%2Border%2Ba%2Brabbit%2B2%2Bdancing%2Bloli.gif]